Case Study: Systematically Approaching a Design and Tags with RedBubble Part 2

This is going to be a short one. Mostly because this wasn't exactly a success. If you read Part 1, You know that I created a design targeted to appeal to a trending design on Redbubble, and optimized tags using google Keyword Planner and Trends.

Well... It didn't go too well. BUT, Failure is a success too. A week has passed and I got exactly Four views and no sales.

What might have went wrong?

1.) People didn't like the design. I have no data on impressions so its hard to say if people saw it.
2.) people didn't see it. My methodology for tags was flawed.
3.) Not enough demand. Just because something is trending doesn't mean people are searching for it on Redbubble. Traffic from elsewhere could have pushed it to the trending category. That's a really important maybe.

I'm convinced that I can make this work somehow. I gotta make this work somehow.

Next plans: I'm going to put up at least 10 more designs in the coming week. a "buckshot" if you will. I will max out on relevant tags (that's 50 folks) and see if there's strength in numbers.

Until next time, keep designing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Case Study: Systematically Approaching a Design and Tags with RedBubble Part 1

A Little Note on Frustration

Month One: The Results