Month One: The Results

Hello Everyone,

So, my first month was a great big exercise in learning, growing, and designing. I now know GIMP halfway decently. Well, enough to be dangerous I suppose.

I tried different strategies, and simply putting in the work to find a way to hack it and make a passive income. Big props to my man Craig Jones. Without him, I would have never even thought of it.

Any case, here's my totals for the month from Redbubble:


WHOO!

To be fair, this is actually better than I expected. I actually sold a design somebody liked. Wow.

Let me BREAK IT DOWN for you:

Total Revenue: 10.75
Costs:                  3.05 (Costs of my Reddit Ad Campaign)
---------------------------
Profit:                 7.70

For a semi-artistic computer guy from North Texas, that's not a bad start. Not a bad start at all. Having barely touched GIMP in my life, and knowing nothing about shirts, and a little about marketing.

Hey Richard. Yes? Where do you go from here?

Good question. I'm glad you asked.

I don't believe in spinning too many wheels at once. I did that in the past, and it turned out that I didn't do too well. I lost momentum. BUT, having said that, I have three major projects to work on:

1.) Amazon Merch. I'm giving myself a nice low goal to shoot for; T25 by the end of the month. That's just 10 sales. I'll max out my designs and use Merch Informer (Craig Jones' REF. Just a little thanks from me buddy SIGN UP FOR THAT TRIAL GUYS! Good stuff.) to see if I can emulate Craig's results he shared on the group. Hope so.

2.) Continue with Redbubble. I enjoy Redbubble, and I'll continue to upload things as I go. Here's a good goal; at least 10 uploads this month. It shall be what it will be. Hopefully more sales.

3.) Try and finish (or almost finish) writing CABAL OF THE VOID.


God, I love that cover. I have a feeling my debut science fiction novel will be at least a decent success. Then again, if I sell one copy, I'll consider it a decent success. Aim high!!!!

I think that Craig gets this, and it will probably make sense to a lot of you. In order to make a passive income, you need to diversify a bit over time. That's the overarching theme for next month's activities.

Well, that and a monetary goal:

Through my activities, my next month's monetary goal is 30.00 dollars.

Nice and easy goal to reach. If I exceed it, I'll be happy too.

Through it all, I'll keep growing my Instagram and start trying to hack away at my Pinterest account. I need to actually learn a thing or two about that.

I like case studies. A lot. They're fun to do because I like experiments, and even a failure is a success. Next month's case study will be using Merch Informer to find good niches and optimize my shirt's on Amazon. Stay tuned for that around first week of April.

If I can make a little money, you can too. I'll grow it to big money. You can too.

Don't stop thinking, and don't stop designing.

Later, Passive Owls!

Comments

  1. You motivate me! Keep it up!!! Whats your IG?
    Btw. i get a error, when i want to push the button "Notify me" - "An error occurred while contacting the server.

    "

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Case Study: Systematically Approaching a Design and Tags with RedBubble Part 1

A Little Note on Frustration